Skip to main content

Enrollment Documents

Enrollment Documents & Info

The enrollment process requires the following documents:

  • Copy of a birth certificate (or equivalent document), 

  • Address verification document to verify your residence within our district's boundaries, and

  • Medically-verified immunization records

Other Important Documents

  • Court documents if applicable
    • Custody arrangement, parenting plan, adoption decree, or restraining orders
  • Education Forms, if applicable – 504 Plan, IEP, or Health Plan

Residence Verification 
Oak Harbor Public Schools only enrolls students who reside within school district boundaries unless a Choice Transfer form has been accepted by the district prior to enrollment. The residence verification can be met with purchase papers, property tax statement, lease agreement, or energy bill.

Immunization Requirements
The State of Washington requires a completed and medically verified Certificate of Immunization (CIS) or a Certificate of Exemption on file prior to your child beginning school per WAC-246-105-030

Examples of medically verified immunization records: 

  • A completed Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) signed by a health care provider. Find the CIS form by visiting and clicking on Certificate of Immunization Status.
  • A CIS filled out by you or another parent/guardian with medical records attached.
  • A CIS printed by a health care provider or school from the Washington State Immunization Information System.
  • A CIS printed from MyIR which is a free Department of Health online tool that allows families to view and print their official immunization records themselves. Go to to begin the sign-up process.

If you are requesting an exemption from one or more of the immunization requirements, you must provide the school with a completed Certificate of Exemption. 

Transcript or Academic History
Students transferring from another school should upload their academic records. The application will also ask if the student has been in any special programs in their previous school. 

Important Notes

Google has discontinued the availability of the Google Translate Toolkit, which had enabled families to translate the New Student Enrollment process into other languages. Families can still use built-in or add-on translation features of their preferred browser to translate the New Student Enrollment application into other languages.

Attendance Boundaries
Students should live within the attendance boundary of a school in order to enroll. To verify which school your student should attend based on your home address, please visit our attendance boundary website.  If you have any questions, please contact our District Office main line at 360.279.5000. If a student in the District wants to attend a school outside of their neighborhood attendance boundary, a request for an in-district transfer must be submitted for consideration each year during the "Open Enrollment" period. Space must be available at the receiving school. 

Request for Part-Time Attendance or Ancillary Sevices from a Private School Student or Student Receiving Home-Based Instruction

Declaration of Intent for Home-Based Instruction